Monday, July 18, 2011

Trip Across Country: Day One

As most of you know we recently took a trip across country. I have been planning this road trip since before we got married. My parents live in Maryland and I have always wanted to see all the church sites. Easy solution? It took some convincing for Kory to go along with it, but after much insistence we had it all planned.

The first night we stayed in a truck stop in Rawlins, WY. I don't know why but this seemed like such a mature thing to do. Ha Ha. Saying that seems funny but I really did feel that way, roughin' it on the road. We left there bright and early the next morning to stop at our first main sight. Mt. Rushmore. Along the way we passed Martin's Cove, Kory has never seen Martins Cove and since this was a church history tour it made perfect sense for a pit stop.

Mt. Rushmore was cool. It was not as large as I expected it to be. I was expecting those faces to take up a lot more room then they did but very cool all the same.

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Way to go roughing it :). This sounds like a cool trip, I'm excited to hear about the rest!

Brian and Michelle said...

I love Martin's Cove! I'm excited for the rest of the story.

HeatherD said...

Seriously, I want to hear about day 2,3 and 4 right NOW! Looks fun and I think you are crazy to sleep at a truck stop. ;)

Kristin said...

Please don't leave us hanging for too long!!

Ryanne said...

So cool! Love both of those places. And those heads are huge, you're just not close enough ;)

Mom Marchant said...

It's about time you posted. I'm so excited! I love all the days so far and the pictures. I really wish we had stoppe a bit longer at the falls and gone to the horse shoe part. Oh well....I guess your pictures will have to count!

~Kelsey and Nathan Taysom said...

Wow you guys have been BUSY!!!!!